Monday, April 13, 2015

Art Journal Monday

It's Maria here with Art Journal Monday!  I shared this on my blog but haven't had a chance to share here with you guys!  For this  I pulled out my Dylusions journal (I have both sizes but I used the smaller one) this one:

I used the new Dylusions paints


These paints are AMAZING!  I heard Dyan was releasing paints and thought yeah whatever.  I then saw her demo them at CHA via youtube and was intrigued but still like ok it's paint.  She describes them as different from regular craft paint and they dry fast.

WELL I got them all, 12 of course and using a small round foam dauber (the Ranger ones) I covered the background of one of the pages in a grid format like she showed in her video. First of all it dried FAST!  Secondly, it DOES NOT feel like paint!  I kid you not!  You know how when you use crafty paints from Michael's and you rub your hand over the dried page it's gritty, or chalky?  You can feel it? It's weird right?  THIS paint didn't feel like that AT ALL!  It was smooth and it feels like the paper not paint!  Hard to explain but you should try them!

Here is what I made using Unity Stamps:





I used yellow and orange with a baby wipe for the background color, nothing fancy.  I then used a Dylusions stencil in the background along with lots of Unity Stamps.  The image that looks like writing in the background is Unity's She Script by Christy Tomlinson.

I used some of the paint and watercolor to fill this in.

Finished

I never used glue sticks.  But I saw Dyan use them in videos and thought what the heck it's less messy then the gel mediums I use.  This glue stick is awesome.  I've only used it in this journal over the paints and inks and not in other journals where I used a lot of other mediums so I don't know how it holds up there.

Stamps and paper used



I'm excited to be taking a class with Dyan this week!  Can't wait to learn her techniques and it's all centered around her new paints!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Maria

5 comments:

  1. Great spread! Can't wait to get my hands on those paints, mine are in the mail from the UK as we speak (can't get them in Norway yet)!
    Enjoy the class with Dy, she is brilliant!! Siv x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the class, have fun! I do enjoy this LO with the Bright colors and stamping! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages - I love them.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched a couple of videos on the Dylusions Paints and knew I wanted them but LOVED your video Maria. Such great insights to the paints and a really inspiring finished creation. The colors and layers and just overall eye candy is wonderful. Thanks bunches. j

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and love all the details Maria!~kim

    ReplyDelete